Change.org has a big vision: a world where no one is powerless and making change is part of everyday life.
Over a million petitions have been created on Change.org and those petitions are shared millions of times over by people and organizations, all over the web and in the world.
Journalists, organizations, politicians, influencers, and people who start and support these petitions, have told us (loudly!) that they want to be able to embed petitions on their websites and bring change that much closer to their communities and audiences.
You ask and we deliver.
Everyone now has the ability to embed a petition wherever you want on the web. It’s easy to do and our hope is this will make it easier for people to connect to incredible stories and campaigns for change.
Instead of linking to a petition you can display a petition card and when someone clicks to read more, it will open the petition in a new tab.
We love working with the world’s leading journalists and most innovative organizations. We are proud of the fact that over half a million stories have been published about the people and the change being created through our platform and the victories that happen every hour.
We hope you’ll start embedding petitions, share your feedback, and continue to let us know what you need to continue to change the world.
How to embed a petition on your site:
An embedded petition shows all the most important details of a petition:
- Call to action
- Decision maker (who is being petitioned)
- Number of supporters
- Story preview
There are two ways to embed a petition:
1. Embedding a petition after you sign it
- Once you've signed a petition, you will be taken to a page to share it
- Click the “embed this petition” button
- Copy the code to embed it on your website, blog, or content management platform
2. Embedding a petition without signing a petition
- Add “/share” to the end of a petition’s URL
- Go to the URL in your browser
- Press the “embed petition” button
- Copy and add the snippet to the HTML on your website, blog, or content management platform
For example, you want to embed this petition, add "/share" to the end of the URL: https://www.change.org/p/patrick-k-hallinan-department-of-army-grant-military-burial-honors-to-women-wwii-pilots/share
Click the embed button:
Copy the code into your HTML:
Have questions or feedback? Leave them in the comments.